Thursday, October 8, 2009

i want more than words can describe.








extract from jason mraz's blog, freshnessfactorfivethousand.blogspot.com: letters from lexiphania

Dear Good Lady Friday,

I slept at the studio last night. The couch was too short and a backwards jacket my only blanket. It was too late when I got back from the gig to try and make the trip home. The night before George had been mugged so the thought wasn’t tempting. I slept between the keyboards and the guitars, the number 23 bus route, and the cleaning staff that showed up around 6am and cleaned around me.

I knew you wanted something from the bar last night, so I ordered it. But you never came, so I drank it. I played a short set last night. I knew you ‘d have some requests. And though you never came, I still sang them.

Today I feel dirty and my hair confused, but in a romantic Neal Cassidy kind of way. I’ll have to rock the same socks and jocks as yesterday all for the love of you and the game. I can hide my shame under my hat while an old toothbrush takes me back. That’s close enough for jazz and good enough for rock and roll.

It was only a Thursday after all. You didn’t miss anything. I only missed you.

-m




pretty in the most heartbreaking way, isn't it? every little thought that gets transferred to words by this guy will turn out pretty damn beautiful.


kinda makes you wanna be the person he's talking about, because she is SO damned privileged.



i want companionship. i want comfort, but i want adventure. i want tireless fun, endless laughs. i want drunk happiness, i want sober maturity. i want understanding, i want peace, i want easy. i want substance, not form. i want inside jokes and a world to share with one person and one person only. i want.





all or nothing. that is how i want it to be.





















introducing liu bolin, contemporary artist from China, a.k.a. the invisible man. kinda mindblowing.

No comments: